You fight an endless battle —
Permutations of equipment and tactics
of enemies and objectives.
And all of it sharpens you.
Live on the main branch is a new scenario, Last Stand at Ol's Shelter, previously known only as "wave clear." Each day (at 17:00 PST), a new battlefield is created. Each day, and a new roster of enemies is summoned. Each day, you will die.
The rules are simple:
- You will fight randomly-generated fleets until you lose your fighters or your Host Termination Timer is up
- Each fleet is led by one or more traitor lords with a random set of upgrades
- Eliminating these leaders fends off death by adding time your Host Termination Timer
- Bonuses may be earned by eliminating civilian vessels
- Your furthest wave and time is put on display using Steam Leaderboards
Challenge Mode is extremely challenging and is recommended for veteran players. Upgrades earned in the campaign will be available in this scenario.
This mode also represents one of the major feature milestones on the road to leaving Early Access. We're not quite there yet, as there is still work we want to do across the game. Thanks for your support and patience!
This update also includes the following fixes (among many others):
- CONTROLS: ArmA-style mouselook is implemented (defaults to LEFT-ALT)
- CONTROLS: Joystick axis freelook is implemented
- FIGHTER AI: Major improvements to things like weapon selection and attack run positioning
- DRONE AI: Healing Drone AI has better prioritization, will top off nearby allies
- GAP DRIVE: Fixed cases where AI would kill themselves
- PERFORMANCE: A ton of minor performance fixes went in, hopefully adding up to a better VR experience for many
We'll keep tweaking Challenge Mode until 1.0 arrives, so leave feedback in the Steam Forums! Your feedback has been invaluable so far. Thanks for taking the time to write it!